- Album: Welcome To Me
- Artist: Riley Harrison Clark
- Label: Daywind
- Style: Progressive, Pop
- Release Date: 09/28/18
- Digital Download: Yes (Apple Music)
- Running Time: 37 Minutes
Today we take a look at the first solo album from Riley Harrison Clark, Welcome To Me.
As most listeners already know, Riley is the current tenor vocalist for Tribute Quartet. Riley has climbed the ranks to now be counted among the best tenor voices touring right now in Southern Gospel music.
Welcome To Me is a collection of nine new songs, mostly done in a progressive Southern Gospel style.
- Welcome To Me is all about the title track. “Welcome To Me” is one of the most personal songs I’ve heard in 2018. It is a song every listener can relate. One of the best recorded songs of the year!
- Riley has a nice up-tempo progressive Southern Gospel song that could find a home at radio, “Running Down My Fear”. A song that he co-wrote with Lee Black.
- Riley also shows off some pop vibes with the mid-tempo, “You Will Be Found”.
- The album starts strong with the progressive mid-tempo, “Glory To Glory”. Another song from the album that could ultimately land at radio.
- Can’t leave the review without mentioning another must listen, “Then He Opened His Arms”.
- Strongest songs included in order: “Welcome To Me”, “Running Down My Fear”, “You Will Be Found”, “Then He Opened His Arms”, “Glory To Glory” and “I Surrender”.
- Just like a recent review of Taranda’s latest recording, the pop sounds brought down the overall appeal of the album and ultimately the final rating I gave the recording.
- Weakest songs included in order: “One With You” and “Still”.
Riley Harrison Clark is already recognized as one of Southern Gospel music’s greatest tenor vocalists. It is no surprise that he would record a solo album. There is enough to like about Welcome To Me to give it a listen.
SONG (Tempo)/Style – Songwriter: 1. “Glory To Glory” (Mid)/Progressive Southern Gospel – Jeff Bumgardner, Riley Harrison Clark, Joel Lindsey 2. “Welcome To Me” (Slow)/Progressive Southern Gospel – Jeff Bumgardner, Wayne Haun, Joel Lindsey 3. “Still” (Mid)/Easy Listening – Lee Black, Joel Lindsey 4. “I Surrender” (Slow)/Progressive Southern Gospel – Jeff Bumgardner, Riley Harrison Clark, Joel Lindsey 5. “You Will Be Found” (Mid)/Pop – Sarah Sanders 6. “Running Down My Fear” (Fast)/Progressive Southern Gospel – Lee Black, Riley Harrison Clark 7. “Then He Opened His Arms” (Slow)/Progressive Southern Gospel – Valerie Dacus, Randall Garland, Wayne Haun, Joel Lindsey 8. “One With You” (Mid)/Pop – Wayne Haun, Barry Raccio 9. “Remember His Faithfulness” (Slow)/Progressive Southern Gospel – Lee Black, Riley Harrison Clark, Sue C Smith