- The evening was uneventful until Greater Vision’s performance of “He’ll Carry Me”. This song has always been a favorite of mine.
- The two big quartet draws of the evening, Gaither Vocal Band and Ernie Haase and Signature Sound had good sets. I found Signature Sound’s set to be a tad more enjoyable.
- I can’t say enough of what the addition of Loren Harris to the Kingdom Heirs has done for their sound.
- Lee Black has written one of best songs of the last five years; “When The Prodigal Comes Home”. Love this song!
- Getting to that point in the week where artists who have already performed are recycling their sets.
- What was it with the Hoppers only performing two songs tonight?
- Can anyone answer my question from last night? Does anyone know who wrote the Christian lyric rewrite of “Hallelujah” that Triumphant performed last evening?
**Now to crown the best of the night:
Best single song performances (in order of appearance): (1) “He’ll Carry Me” – Greater Vision (2) “When The Prodigal Comes Home” – Tribute Quartet (3) “Wherever I Am” – Jim Brady Trio (4) “My Journey To The Sky” – Gaither Vocal Band (5) “I Will Go On” – Gaither Vocal Band (6) “Clear Skies” – Ernie Haase and Signature Sound (7) “Heaven Is” – Ernie Haase and Signature Sound (**Favorite song performance of the evening) (8) “Never Made A Promise” – Kingdom Heirs (9) “You Better Get Right” – Jordan Family Band
Best Set of the Night: Ernie Haase and Signature Sound