- ‘Live’ music reigned supreme with artists like High Road, the Isaacs and Jason Crabb. Congrats to High Road on winning new artist of the year.
- The professionalism of the Blackwood Brothers was evident when they sang “I Sing The Mighty Power Of God” a cappella, when the track decided not to work.
- Good to see Southern Gospel songwriter, Lee Black playing piano for several groups this evening.
- Always good to hear the Mylon Hayes Family sing each note to perfection when performing from the red back hymnal.
- Triumphant put a set together that proved why they are at the top of their game and deserving of artist of the year. Does anyone know who did the Christian lyric rewrite of “Hallelujah”?
- The young kids from both Children Of The Promise and the Chitans can evermore sing!
- I heard the Singing News fan awards mirrored last year, which mirrored the year before that. Snooze.
- I forgot to mention last night that it was told from the stage there were more individuals watching via webcast than in attendance. That is not positive for the future growth of the NQC.
- Every year Scott Fowler, every year. Ugh.
**Now to crown the best of the night:
Best single song performances (in order of appearance): (1) “Beautiful Valley” – Down East Boys (2) “Power In Prayer” – 11th Hour (3) “What An Anchor” – Mylon Hayes Family (4) “Christ My Hope My Glory” – High Road with Jason Crabb (5) “Sun’s Gonna Come Up” – LeFevre Quartet (6) “Amazing God” – Triumphant (7) “Hallelujah” – Triumphant (**Favorite song performance of the evening) (8) “I Have A Father Who Can” – Isaacs (9) “He’s Never Failed Me” – Isaacs (10) “Chose To Be My Friend” – Jason Crabb (11) “Sing In The Valley” – Perrys (12) “You Raise Me Up” – Children Of The Promise
Best Set of the Night: Triumphant