- What childhood memories came flooding back during the Squire Parsons/Kingsmen set. Happy Squire was gracious to share his set with the Kingsmen to sing some classic Kingsmen songs.
- Give all the awards to the Mylon Hayes Family. I am a sucker for proper technical singing and this family is one of the best. Mylon and Wendy have trained their kids to sing with proper technique, something Mylon learned from his own parents.
- 11th Hour sounded great tonight running through several hit songs, most notably, “He Welcomes The Beggar”.
- The Erwins were the highlight early in the program with their performance of “He’s Still Alive”.
- Another young group that continues to excel at their craft is the Ball Brothers. Their classy, sometimes jazzy sound infused with impeccable harmonies is hard to beat.
- Thank you Loren Harris for returning to Southern Gospel music.
- The Whisnants had the longest set of the evening, clocking in just under 30 minutes but they kept it enjoyable with a great set list.
- Scott Fowler already making money off the latest political issue. Paint me surprised. I’m assuming Scott has not read the United States code on patriotic customs and proper respect for the flag. It clearly states the flag should never be used as wearing apparel or used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. Should I boycott Legacy Five now?
- I didn’t get the Browns set. By the end it became a train wreck of moos and quacks.
- The Kingdom Heirs had horrible sound issues at the beginning of their set.
- Lauren Talley had to carry hosting duties on her shoulders this evening and she did really well. Her co-host looked like they’d rather been anywhere but there.
**Now to crown the best of the night:
Best single song performances (in order of appearance): (1) “Chasing After You” – Erwins (2) “He’s Still Alive” – Erwins (3) “Mercy Tree” – Ball Brothers (4) “Never Made A Promise” – Kingdom Heirs (5) “He Welcomes The Beggar” – 11th Hour (6) “Beulah Land” – Squire Parsons (7) “Look For Me At Jesus Feet” – Kingsmen (*Best Individual Performance of the Night) (8) “Is That The Old Ship Of Zion” – Kingsmen (9) “Victory Is Mine” – Karen Peck & New River (10) “Why He Came” – Mylon Hayes Family (11) “I Call Him Lord” – Whisnants (12) “Hear The Word Of The Lord” – Kingsmen (13) “The Light Just Came On” – Hinson Family
Best Set of the Night: The Squire Parsons/Kingsmen segment.