- Album: My Best Friend
- Artist: Redeemed Quartet
- Label: Custom
- Style: Traditional
- Release Date: 01/06/17
- Digital Download: Yes (Apple Music)
- Running Time: 29 Minutes
This week we take a look at a new group by the name of Redeemed Quartet. The group released a new album at the beginning of the year, My Best Friend.
Several weeks ago I had someone reach out to me and ask me to give a listen to Redeemed Quartet’s music and provide my thoughts. I thought the best way to do that is give their latest album a review.
The quartet is made up of two sets of brothers. Nate Duncan (age 20) sings tenor, brother Ben Duncan (22) sings lead, Caleb Koble (21) sings baritone and his brother Josh Koble (19) sings bass.
- One don’t need to listen long to know these young men have been influenced by the Inspirations. Seven of the ten songs are former Inspiration songs.
- The quartet is at their strongest when singing as an ensemble and that is no more evident than on their cover of the Inspirations classic, “Is That Footsteps That I Hear”. The group released this song to radio as their first single.
- The youngest member of the group, Josh, sings bass and does it quite well at his age. His performance of another Inspirations cover, “It’s In The Savior’s Hands” deserves a listen.
- Tenor, Nate and bass, Josh trade verses on “Eye Of The Storm”. Another song originally recorded by the Inspirations. The harmony work on the chorus is nice.
- Caleb does a good job on yet another Inspirations cover, “I Will Praise Him”.
- Redeemed Quartet reminds me of the Kingsboys when they were gaining national attention.
- Strongest songs included in order: “Is That Footsteps”, “It’s In The Savior’s Hands”, “Eye Of The Storm”, “I Will Praise Him”, “Hide Me Rock Of Ages” and “Meet Me At The Table”.
- One can listen to this recording and pick up on things that need some fine tuning. These young men just need to continue singing and perfecting their vocal craft. A listener can also hear the potential Redeemed Quartet has.
- Weakest songs included in order: “My Best Friend” and “I’ve Found A Faithful Friend”.
I am always happy to be introduced to new artists in Southern Gospel music. This young quartet is keeping traditional Southern Gospel quartet music alive. Here’s wishing Redeemed Quartet a bright future.
SONG/Featured Vocalist – Songwriter: 1. “Is That Footsteps”/Ensemble – Colber Croft, Joyce Croft 2. “My Best Friend“/Ben – Wayland Holyfield 3. “Eye Of The Storm“/Nate; Josh – Regina Stockdale 4. “I Will Praise Him”/Caleb – Tobey Schwartz 5. “Hide Me Rock Of Ages”/Ensemble; Josh – Brantley George 6. “I Want To Stroll Over Heaven With You”/Ben – JB Lemley 7. “Land Of Living”/Nate – Ann Ballard 8. “Meet Me At The Table“/Ensemble – Ronny Hinson, Mike Payne 9. “I’ve Found A Faithful Friend”/Caleb – Leonard Fletcher 10. “It’s In The Savior’s Hands”/Josh – Squire Parsons