- Album: Turn The Page (EP)
- Artist: Misty Freeman
- Label: Daywind Roots
- Style: Country
- Release Date: 04/14/17
- Digital Download?: Yes (Apple Music)
- Running Time: 22 Minutes
Today we take at a look at the new album (EP) from Misty Freeman; Turn The Page. It has been ten years since Misty gave listeners a solo recording; What If I’m Right (2007).
This go around, Misty teamed with the Daywind, Roots record label to release Turn The Page. Instead of releasing the traditional ten song album, Misty is giving listeners six songs.
Misty Freeman keeps Turn The Page country, a style that lends to her vocal and the years spent with her family group (Freemans).
- Misty’s vocal can be best compared to Bluegrass legend, Alison Krauss. The stand out track on Turn The Page is the latest radio single, “A Day In The Life Of Jesus”. A song that deserves a listen, no matter your musical taste.
- The most thought-provoking, story in song is “The Sermon”. It tells the story of a father’s passing and all the lives he touched through the life he lived. Another must listen!
- Misty shows the listener she can also tackle some up-tempo songs, the best being the bluegrass tinged “Garden Of Grace”.
- The EP closes with another strong up-tempo number, “When God Speaks”. When three of Southern Gospel’s greatest writers (Lee Black/Jason Cox/Kenna Turner West) come together, you know the song is gonna be good!
- Kudos to Scott Godsey and Trey Ivey on making the production of Turn The Page meld perfectly with Misty’s vocal interpretations.
- Strongest songs included in order: “A Day In The Life Of Jesus”, “The Sermon”, “Garden Of Grace”, “When God Speaks” and “New Beginnings”.
- After listening to the strength of song selection on Turn The Page, Misty could have given listeners a full ten song recording.
- Weakest songs included in order: “Too Fast”.
Misty Freeman provides listeners one of the strongest recordings of 2017, among albums released to date. The strength is choosing six superior songs and leaving off the fillers that bring down most recordings.
SONG (Style – All Songs Classify as County) – Songwriter: 1. “New Beginnings” – Don Poythress, Sue C Smith, Kenna Turner West 2. “A Day In The Life Of Jesus” – Lee Black, Jason Cox, Dustin Guarnere 3. “The Sermon” 4. “Garden Of Grace” – Jason Cox, Kenna Turner West 5. “Too Fast” – Mark Narmore, Kenna Turner West 6. “When God Speaks” – Lee Black, Jason Cox, Kenna Turner West