Today continues a new series titled overrated. It looks at a current artist’s popularity (rated out of 100) vs current chart success/album releases (rated out of 100). The difference between their popularity score and chart success/album release score is where they fall on the overrated meter.
I am going to flip the script today and actually look at the opposite. An artist who would be considered underrated. The artist covered today is 11th Hour.
CURRENT POPULARITY = 78
- 11th Hour already has an up hill battle in gaining a larger listening audience by being a mixed vocal trio instead of an all male trio/group.
- With a reputable record label behind them and the access to huge chart hits, its allowing the group to win over new listeners.
- In an industry where a sea of artists is refurbishing 80s/90s CCM as today’s Southern Gospel, there is no doubt that 11th Hour is releasing Southern Gospel music.
CURRENT CHART SUCCESS/ALBUM RELEASES = 90
- In pondering the music 11th Hour is currently giving listeners, I score that 90 out of 100.
- 11th Hour currently has (5) #1 hits under their belt during their short recording career.
- I named What A Moment the #1 album released in Southern Gospel in 2016.
- With only four albums in their discography, 11th Hour has a long career ahead to become on of Southern Gospel’s greatest trios.
SCORE ON THE OVERRATED METER = (-12)
- This score represents that 11th Hour is currently underrated by a net negative (-12).