Today continues a new series titled overrated. It looks at a current artist’s popularity (rated out of 100) vs current chart success/album releases (rated out of 100). The difference between their popularity score and chart success/album release score is where they fall on the overrated meter. The artist covered today is the Booth Brothers.
CURRENT POPULARITY = 98
- There is no doubt in any Southern Gospel listener’s mind that the Booth Brothers is the most popular artist in the industry at the moment.
- The trio has won a total of 57 Singing News fan awards over the course of the last decade.
- The group built that success on impeccable harmony. When the group first hit the scene it was tough not to be mesmerized by the Booth Brothers stage presentation.
CURRENT CHART SUCCESS/ALBUM RELEASES = 64
- In pondering the music the Booth Brothers is currently giving listeners, I score that 59 out of 100.
- The Booth Brothers prime recording years, thus far, came between 2001 and 2006.
- Albums such as This Stage Of Grace (2001), The Booth Brothers (2003), Pure Southern Gospel (2004), The Blind Man Saw It All (2005) and Harmony (2006) represent the best in the group’s entire discography.
- On an added note, the Booth Brothers have a new album due out in April that could bump this score up.
SCORE ON THE OVERRATED METER = +39
- This score represents that the Booth Brothers is currently overrated by a net positive +39.