- Album – Restore
- Artist – Aaron & Amanda Crabb
- Label – Difference Media Group
- Style – Modern Country
- Release Date – 08/26/16
- Available For Digital Download? – Yes (Apple Music)
Today we take a look at the latest album from Aaron & Amanda Crabb; Restore. The album hit retail on August 26th, 2016.
Aaron & Amanda Crabb release their fourth mainline release with Restore and their second with Difference Media Group.
The husband/wife duo continue their modern country sound with some praise/worship; a sound that has been a mainstay since the duo’s origination.
- I will highlight the best songs from each vocalist in this review. Lets start with Amanda.
- The stand out track on Restore has Amanda take the first verse and Aaron the second; “Restore Me”. Amanda penned this power house song that should be considered for Southern Gospel radio.
- Amanda is featured on the album’s opening track, “Time Flies”. This mainstream country-style tune could do well on mainstream country radio. Enjoy every moment in life because it moves along too quickly.
- Amanda and daughter Eva penned another Amanda feature, “Kingdom Come”. Another mid-tempo modern country-style song that fits the album’s theme.
- Aaron’s strongest feature is the eight minute, “Your Blood”. This praise/worship standard is given a nice modern country treatment to make for an enjoyable listen.
- Aaron is featured on the modern country, “The Water”. First verse talks of playing in the water as a kid to the second verse covering the surrendering to the water of baptism.
- Another must listen is the Aaron feature, “Mercy On Me”.
- Strongest songs included in order: “Restore Me”, “Your Blood”, “The Water”, “Miracle”, “Mercy On Me”, “Time Flies”, “Kingdom Come” and “Back Together”.
- Aaron & Amanda Crabb gave listeners 50 minutes of music on Restore. That is a tough feat when attention spans are so short.
- The group decides to record another version of the Dottie Rambo classic, “He Looked Beyond My Fault”. Not needed.
- Weakest songs included in order: “He Looked Beyond My Fault” and “I’ve Seen What He Can Do”.
Aaron Crabb carries on the Crabb Family tradition with wife Amanda. Restore is the most enjoyable listen of the duo’s discography thus far.
SONG/Featured Vocalist – Songwriter: 1. “Time Flies”/Amanda – Jason Cox, Belinda Smith, Kenna Turner West 2. “The Water“/Aaron – T Brad Crisler, Doug Stokes 3. “Two Coats“/Aaron – Emory Gordy, Patty Loveless, Ralph Stanley 4. “Restore Me”/Amanda; Aaron – Amanda Crabb 5. “Washed Away”/Aaron – Aaron Crabb, Amanda Crabb, Sue C Smith 6. “Your Blood”/Aaron – CJ England 7. “I’ve Seen What He Can Do”/Aaron – Lee Black, Sue C Smith, Kenna Turner West 8. “Kingdom Come“/Amanda – Amanda Crabb, Eva Crabb 9. “Back Together”/Aaron – Joseph Habedank, Don Poythress, Kenna Turner West 10. “Mercy On Me”/Aaron – Michael Farren, Joseph Habedank, Kenna Turner West 11. “He Looked Beyond My Fault”/Aaron – Dottie Rambo 12. “I’ve Got The Victory”/Amanda – Marcia Henry, Kenna Turner West, Tony Wood 13. “Miracle”/Aaron – Aaron Crabb, Amanda Crabb