- It was like a hit parade tonight. Many artists decided to do entire sets of some of their biggest hits.
- Gold City had an entire set of classic Gold City songs. The Perrys decided to use all hit singles in their set. Add Jeff & Sheri Easter to that list. A ton of great music.
- Josh Townsend, pianist for LeFevre Quartet, was styling tonight in that jacket and he also pulled off an awesome piano solo.
- Congrats to Ronny Hinson for finally being inducted in to the Southern Gospel hall of fame. Long overdue.
- The back to back sets of Ernie Haase & Signature Sound and the Nelons provided some awesome music. Karen Peck joining Kelly Nelon on “You Can’t Make Old Friends” was a special moment.
- I’ve always loved Squire Parsons composition, “King Of Eternity”. The Kingdom Heirs (trio) did a fantastic job on that particular number tonight.
- The Taylors capped off a great night of music with a solid three song set.
- There is only one miss tonight, but it is the biggest of the week. Why do individuals feel the need to spew their political views? A certain preacher had to hock a new book to tell us how horrible America is and tell us that we have to vote for a certain candidate who for the last year has also been telling crowds how horrible America is. Putting your trust in an individual that will ultimately go down as the worst presidential candidate in the history of this nation is not something you should be proclaiming to large crowds of people. When are individuals like this going to realize not everyone thinks the way they do. Everyone (yes even evangelicals) will not vote the same way. That is what it means to be American. We are free to differ on issues but in no way is it ok for anyone (especially in his position) to tell another how to vote and by not voting the way they say is wrong/bad and somehow the nation is doomed. If you want to live in that kind of country, go to Russia.
**Now to crown the best of the night:
Best single song performances (in order of appearance): (1) “I’m Getting Ready To Leave This World” – LeFevre Quartet (2) “Praise His Name” – Jeff & Sheri Easter (3) “There Rose A Lamb” – Gold City (4) “Keep On” – Perrys (5) “Redeemed” – Ernie Haase & Signature Sound (6) “I Think I’ll Read It Again” – Nelons (7) “A Moment Of Grace” – Booth Brothers (8) “King Of Eternity” – Kingdom Heirs (**Favorite song performance of the evening) (9) “He Won’t Fail You” – Taylors
Best Set of the Night: There were several contenders tonight but I had to give it to the group that was high energy from start to finish; Ernie Haase and Signature Sound.