In 2014, when I was writing for Musicscribe, I started a series titled; in search of Southern Gospel’s greatest album. I figured why not use 2015 and search for Southern Gospel’s greatest song.
Today will begin the nominating process. Here are the rules.
- Every reader of this blog can participate
- During the nomination process, list as many songs you feel should be considered for the decade in question.
- Be sure the song chosen for consideration was introduced to Southern Gospel listeners for the decade in question.
- List all nominees for consideration in the comments section.
- During the older decades (60’s/70’s), it doesn’t matter the artist of the song, just the song itself.
Today we will start with the decade of the 1960’s. I will start the process with a few songs for consideration.
- “Child Of The King”
- “For God So Loved”
- “He Is Mine And I Am His”
- “He Touched Me”
- “Sheltered In The Arms Of God”