- The day started early with the Gaither/Gatlin/Booth showcase. Enjoyed the program especially “Greatly Blessed, Highly Favored” (all), “Healing Stream” (Isaacs), “Help Me” (Gatlin Brothers), “Stubborn” (Michael English) and “Through” (Booth Brothers).
- The evening concerts kicked off with a talented bluegrass family; Southern Raised. They could pick with the best of ’em.
- Libbi Stuffle’s testimony tonight was heart-felt, motivational and powerful. You could feel every word she was saying. To follow it up with “I Rest My Case At The Cross” made it one of the most powerful musical moments of the night.
- There were some strong a cappella moments tonight from the Collingsworth Family, Isaacs and Penny Loafers.
- Another strong closing for tonight’s program. The NQC decided to put last year’s Singing News fan award winners for favorite quartet (Triumphant), trio (Booth Brothers) and mixed group (Collingsworth Family) back to back to back to close the program. It looked like the crowd stuck around to hear all three.
- Of the showcase artists that made their way to the main stage tonight, I enjoyed the performance by Back Home; “Tell The Mountain (About Your God)”.
- Another TBN commercial.
- I hope it doesn’t sound too harsh when I say I really dislike the Browns song “A Place In The Choir”. I know it is supposed to be a kids song, but the ‘old macdonald had a farm’ feel too it was too much for me. And then to encore it; well I’ll stop.
- Performances that seemed to fall flat (at least from viewing it via webcam), in order of appearance are as follows: Paul’s Journey (“I’m Living In Canaan Now”), Browns (“A Place In The Choir”) and Mark Bishop (“I Got Here As Fast As I Could”).
**Now to crown the best of the night:
Best single song performances (in order of appearance): (1) “Jesus Will” – Wilburn & Wilburn (2) “Tell The Mountain (About Your God)” – Back Home (3) “I’m Winging My Way Back Home” – Dixie Echoes (4) “I Rest My Case At The Cross” – Perrys (5) “Waiting In The Water” – Isaacs (6) “He’s Alive” – Talleys (7) “I’ll Worship Only At The Feet Of Jesus” – Hoppers (8) “Come Unto Me” – Greater Vision (9) “Because He Loved Me” – Triumphant Quartet (8) “Since Jesus Came” – Booth Brothers (8) “Come Thou Fount” – Collingsworth Family
Best Set of the Night: One set stood out above all others tonight; the Perrys.