- The courage Libbi Stuffle displayed to even be in attendance was heart-felt. Prayers continue for Tracy.
- Several quartets displayed some strong singing tonight. They included the Dixie Melody Boys, Gold City, Legacy Five and Ernie Haase & Signature Sound.
- The respect I have for Ed O’Neal could fill volumes. He was the first quartet man I remember as a youngster and I am glad he is still singing. Great job on “What Remains Of Me”.
- It was refreshing to hear some more live music tonight during the Inspirations set. I sure miss hearing the steel guitar in Southern Gospel music.
- Jason Crabb continues to prove he is one of the best artists touring right now. Enjoyed “What The Blood Is For”.
- The Penny Loafers pulled off two more great a cappella features during their segment.
- There continued to be problems with the webcast cutting out. I think tonight was due to certain high volume log-in times because the down times centered around certain artists.
- The Cathedrals remembered segment will be remembered, but not for the performance. For Mark Trammell to not even know the words to the song is something that happens to every artist, but you think they would have at least rehearsed it before the performance.
- The showcase artists that performed on the main stage tonight were forgettable. The one even sang a Perrys song knowing the Perrys were to perform later in the evening.
- Performances that seemed to fall flat (at least from viewing it via webcam), in order of appearance are as follows: McKameys (“I Sing A Song”), Ernie Haase & Signature Sound (“Oh What A Savior”), the Cathedral remembered segment, Lore Family (“If You Knew Him”) and Kingdom Heirs (“Just Beyond The Sunset).
**Now to crown the best of the night:
Best single song performances (in order of appearance): (1) “When He Speaks” – McKameys (2) “It’s In The Savior’s Hands” – Inspirations (3) “Shut The Door” – Penny Loafers (4) “Valley Of Tears” – Dixe Melody Boys (5) “Everywhere I Go” – Legacy Five (6) “Scars In The Hands Of Jesus” – Ernie Haase & Signature Sound (7) “Calvary Conquers It All” – Gold City (8) “What The Blood Is For” – Jason Crabb (9) “When He Spoke” – Perrys (10) “Move The Stone” – Whisnants (11) “Anything Is Possible” – Brian Free & Assurance
Best Set of the Night: I went back and forth on this one. There were some really strong single song performances but no full set that just wowed me. I really enjoyed the new music performed by the Dixie Melody Boys, so I will give them set of the night.