The group was honored with trio of the year at the Singing News Fan Awards for eight straight years (1999-2006).
- Cathedral Legacy: Another group born of the Cathedral legacy, Gerald Wolfe spent over two years as pianist and vocalist with the group. His featured vocal on “Champion Of Love” brought Gerald Wolfe the name recognition that allowed him a solo career following his tenure with the Cathedrals and immediate success with the launch of Greater Vision.
- Gerald Wolfe’s Emcee/Comedy Bits: While the emcee work can get a bit winded at times, Gerald Wolfe is one of Southern Gospel’s best emcees. He can set up a song and throw in just enough comedy to keep the audience laughing.
- Chris Allman’s Return: Much has already been said of Chris Allman’s return to the group two years ago. Not only his great tenor vocals but his songwriting is an asset to Greater Vision.
- Rodney Griffin’s Songwriting: While some may have tired of Rodney winning songwriter of the year, the fact remains that Rodney still pens many big songs not only for Greater Vision, but many other artists in the industry.
- Use of Tracks: Still applies. More moments with Gerald at piano and Rodney on the bass would enhance the overall Greater Vision concert experience. I know they do that now but I would prefer at least half of the concert to be this set up.
- Rodney Griffin Writing Every Song On An Album: While Rodney’s songwriting is a strength, having an entire album filled with a single writer’s compositions becomes stale and formulaic. It gets to a point where you know what you are going to get and at times that formula get’s boring. That is why having Chris Allman back is a huge plus because now the group can record each member’s compositions.
- Another Quartets Recording: One of the group’s most successful recordings was their 2003 recording Quartets. Another one please.
- Reclaiming Trio Of The Year: Greater Vision may have an opportunity to reclaim this prize if the Booth Brothers stumble at all. I don’t see it happening this year because the Booth Brothers seem unstoppable at the present moment.
- Losing Rodney Griffin or Chris Allman: Either of these gentlemen exiting the group would be a blow to the group’s current popularity. While Gerald would soldier on and re-build the group, the listening audience would have to get used to a new group of singers.
***NEXT SWOT ANALYSIS: TRIUMPHANT QUARTET***