Since I started a trend, I might as well continue and drop another five years this week and take a look at the best Southern Gospel albums released in the year 1985. The mid ’80′s saw the Kingsmen winning group of the year while the Florida Boys garnered song of the year honors. Jim Hamill and Debra Talley would split male and female vocalist in 1985.
The Nelons, Cathedrals, Gold City, Hinsons and Singing Americans were also all dominating during this time period.
- Black And White – Singing Americans (RiverSong)
- In One Accord – Nelons (Canaan)
- Sing With The Angels – Gold City (RiverSong)
- Work Of Heart – Talleys (Canaan)
- Especially For You – Cathedrals (RiverSong)
- Better In Person – Kingsmen (Benson)
- It Runs In The Family – Hinsons (Calvary)
- Fire On Stage Live – Paynes (Windchime)
- In Concert – Heaven Bound (HeartWarming)
- Citizen Of Two Worlds – Hoppers (HopperSing)
- Everything New – Freemans (Calvary)
- We All Are One – Florida Boys (Canaan)
- One Way – Bishops (Harvest)
- It Ain’t Love Till You Give It Away – Wendy Bagwell & Sunliters (Canaan)
- Excited – Hemphills (HeartWarming)
- Rejoicing – Speers (RiverSong)
- An Old Convention Song – Cathedrals (RiverSong)
- Little David – Roy Knight Singers (Supreme)
- Evergreene – Greenes (MorningStar)
- That’s When It Will Be Heaven – Squire Parsons (Passage)
Listen to a mash-up of music from the twenty best albums of 1985. Enjoy!