Another week, another look at the definitive in Southern Gospel music by year. This week I am moving five years from the year 2000 to take a look at the best Southern Gospel albums released in the year 1995. The mid ’90′s still saw the power house quartet trio of the Cathedrals, Gold City and the Kingsmen, even though Gold City and the Kingsmen were experiencing changes.
The Cathedrals were dominating award shows winning group, album and song of the year in 1995. But, new groups such as Karen Peck & New River, Brian Free & Assurance, the New Hinsons, the Steeles and the Ruppes were all making strides with albums released in 1995.
- Standing In The Gap – Gold City (RiverSong)
- Through The Fire – Ruppes (Makkedah)
- Unlimited – Karen Peck & New River (Horizon)
- Common Ground – Poet Voices (Sonlite)
- Anchor To The Power Of The Cross – Hoppers (Homeland)
- Adoration – Anchormen (Sonlite)
- Things That Last Forever – Brian Free & Assurance (Chapel)
- Oasis – New Hinsons (Daywind)
- Georgia Live – Kingsmen (Horizon)
- Let’s Have Church – JD Sumner & Stamps (Chapel)
- Southern Steele – Steeles (Daywind)
- Southern Classics Volume II – Gaither Vocal Band (SpringHill)
- Forever Gold – Kingdom Heirs (Sonlite)
- A Reunion – Cathedrals (Canaan)
- On Time God – Perfect Heart (Sonlite)
- Take Him At His Word – Greater Vision (RiverSong)
- Nothing But Love – Cumberland Boys (Daywind)
- Serenade – Kirk Talley (Sonlite)
- Still Water – Perry Sisters (Sonlite)
- High Rise – McGruders (Zion)
Listen to a mash-up of music from the best Southern Gospel albums of 1995.