This week’s ten on ten feature highlights the best recordings of one of the top quartets traveling today; Triumphant Quartet. Triumphant is the reigning quartet of the year and are currently celebrating 10 years in Southern Gospel music. In their first ten years as a group, Triumphant Quartet has just over 15 recordings in their discography.
Each member of the group has a multitude of singing experience.
Triumphant Quartet’s top ten albums are:
- Love Came Calling (2010)
- Triumphant (2005)
- Intermission (2008)
- Everyday (2009)
- You Gotta Love It (2007)
- Songs From The Heart (2011)
- Southern Gospel – Quartet Style (2002)
- Home Free (2004)
- Lyric & Melody (2009)
- You Better Hurry Up (2005)
- The pinnacle of Triumphant Quartet’s discography is their 2010 album Love Came Calling. The title track has become a career record for the group, winning song of the year in 2011. A nice mix of new songs and covers make for a great recording.
- Triumphant Quartet has released some of the best custom, or what some would call table projects, recordings that any group in Southern Gospel music. The 2008 recording Intermission ranks highest (#3) among the custom recordings.
- Even though Intermission was a collection of all previously released music, Triumphant turned in great covers of “When I Receive My Robe And Crown”, “Turn Your Back”, “Pearly Gates”, “I Remember The Day” and “Welcome To Heaven”.
- The group’s self titled 2005 recording ranks #2 among the group’s best projects. This album took Triumphant Quartet to another level anchored by songs such as “One Holy Morning”, “Back To Me”, “Don’t Let The Sandal Fool Ya”, “Hey Jonah” and “Rock Bottom”.
- Triumphant Quartet may be the only quartet in Southern Gospel history that has not had a personnel change since the group started touring ten years ago. Fans want stability in their favorite artists and if Triumphant Quartet continues without a personnel change, they could dominate quartet of the year for years to come.
- The group began their career as Integrity Quartet. They traveled as Integrity for nearly three years when they changed their name to Triumphant. The group’s very first recording as Integrity, Southern Gospel – Quartet Style, was good enough to land at #7 among the group’s best albums.
- In their ten years of singing, Triumphant Quartet has given the listener great songs such as “Love Came Calling”, “Somebody Died For Me”, “Don’t Let The Sandals Fool Ya”, “You’ll Find Me There” and “He Rescued Me”.
- The forgotten gem in the group’s discography is their 2004 album Home Free. Released during the time of the transition from Integrity to Triumphant, the album had great song selection.
- The album that should be forgotten in Triumphant’s discography is the 2008 custom recording Look To God. While most of Triumphant’s custom recordings have been top-notch, Look To God didn’t measure up.
- Triumphant Quartet has not even reached the pinnacle of their popularity yet. They have many years ahead releasing additional albums that will ultimately change the make up of the top ten.
***NEXT UP ON TEN ON TEN: HOPPERS***