- Album – Together Again
- Artist – Crabb Family
- Label – Gaither Music Group
- Style – Country, Light Pop
- Release Date – 02/07/12
- Available For Digital Download? – Yes
One of the most anticipated album releases of the new year hits retail on February 7th. The Crabb Family returned to the studio to record a new album, their first album of new music since 2007.
Together Again showcases the group’s country-style while adding a little light pop flair.
- “If There Ever Was A Time” (Caleb Collins/Sue Smith) is so far from what one would expect from the Crabb Family but it is probably the strongest track on the entire recording. Musically, it is easy listening, in the style of Harry Connick or Michael Buble. An outstanding vocal performance by the group and this happens to be the first single from the album.
- Another modern country/pop (think Lady Antebellum) style tune “Come Home” (Ronnie Freeman/Stephanie Lewis) is also a stand out song. This song is a bit too progressive to ever land at Southern Gospel radio. What a shame.
- Kudos to Jason Crabb on doing a fine job as producer and arranger of Together Again.
- “Back To The Front Porch” (Jason Crabb/Sonya Isaacs/Jimmy Yeary) and “You Can’t Do That Anymore” (Tony Martin/Neil Thrasher) are strong enough to find a home at mainstream country radio.
- Strongest songs included in order: ”If There Ever Was A Time”, “Come Home”, “God Has A Plan” (Gerald Crabb/Don Poythress), “I Love You This Much” (Austin Cunningham/Neil Thrasher) and “Back To The Front Porch”.
- “No Problems” (Ben Hayslip/Jimmy Yeary) has a nice country melody but the lyric makes light of the fact that individuals do experience things in their life that sometimes are too tough to handle on their own.
- While Together Again far exceeds their Letting Go album, it still doesn’t match their biggest recordings.
- Weakest songs included in order: ”No Problems” and “You Can’t Do That Anymore”.
SONG LIST: 1. “Back To The Front Porch” (7.5) 2. “God Has A Plan” (8) 3. “You Can’t Do That Anymore” (7) 4. “This Is You And Me” (7.5) 5. “If There Ever Was A Time” (8.5) 6. “Come Home” (8.5) 7. “No Problems” (7) 8. “I Love You This Much” (7.5) 9. “Life Meets Grace” (7.5) 10. “Say A Prayer” (7.5)