Day four of the 2011 NQC is complete. Tonight’s highlights are as follows.
- Collingsworth kicked off the evening with another strong set, though not as good as their set Monday night.
- The Talleys knocked one out of the park with “He’s Alive”. Great!
- The Isaacs turned the night around with their set after a handful of mediocre sets. It was good to hear live music again.
- Speaking of live music, I never tire of hearing the Dixie Echoes; just vocals and light instrumentation.
- While their set wasn’t flawless, the Booth Brothers did have a power house ending with “I Met The Master”.
- Song encores. If crowd response warrants an encore then do so, if not maybe it best just to end the set.
- There were quite a few mediocre to ok sets tonight, not very many really strong sets. The overall program definitely not as strong as last night.
- This was the first night that really ran over (about 30 minutes).
**Now to crown the best of the night:
Best single song performances (in order of appearance): (1) “Jesus Is All That We Need” – Collingsworth Family (2) “He’s Alive” – Talley Trio (3) ”Walk On” – Isaacs (4) “I’m Gonna Love You Through It” – Isaacs (5) “I Will Praise Him” – Isaacs (6) “I’ve Been Here Before” – Ernie Haase & Signature Sound (7) “Morning’s Coming” – Jeff & Sheri Easter (8) “Hold On” – Dove Brothers (9) “I Met The Master” – Booth Brothers
Best Set of the Night: Isaacs.