This contest is open to all individuals that read this blog. If you’re interested in receiving this year’s NQC web cast then all you need to do is get past two rounds of Southern Gospel music trivia. Round 1 will run through Monday August 30th, 2010. All you need to do is send your answers to me via email. I ask that no answers be listed in the comments section of this post. All contestants will receive one point for every correct answer. All answers will be listed once the round is complete so you will be able to keep your own score throughout the two rounds of play. Round 2 will be more difficult than round 1. So let’s play….
1. Name the Perrys first #1 single.
2. Name the Cathedrals vocal line-up in 1998.
3. The first National Quartet Convention was held in what city?
4. What famed country music artist wrote “Don’t Let Your Left Hand Know”, recorded by JD Sumner & Stamps?
5. Whose idea was it to customize a bus for artists to travel?
6. What artist won Singing News song of the year back to back in 1999 and 2000?
7. Who did Kim Hopper replace when she joined the Hoppers in 1989?
8. Name the group with these album titles; Double Take Live, Windows Of Home, Within The Rock.
9. What Southern Gospel funny man hailed from Smyrna Georgia?
10.He’s no cardinal, but this Southern Gospel lead singer celebrates a birthday on July 30th.
11.Name at least (3) Southern Gospel artists who have recorded albums in London.
12.Name the group that Ann Downing, Sue Dodge and Jeanne Johnson were all a part.
13.What famed group of the 1960s/1970s actually called Pennsylvania home?
14.What famed bass singer penned the song, “That’s Why I Love To Call His Name”?
15.In what year did the original Hinsons disband?